Beta Process Walkthrough¶
Once Crashlytics has been installed, follow the steps below to distribute your app through Beta.
Distributing the app¶
- In the IDE, compile your project to create an .apk file.
- Locate the .apk file in your project’s directory structure.
- Drag and drop the .apk file into the plugin’s Distribution screen. This screen can be accessed by clicking the chevron icon, choosing your app, and then clicking the Beta icon.
- Enter the tester’s email and click the Add button. You can add testers in bulk by importing a comma-separated list of emails. To do so, click the Import CSV button. When done, click the Next button.
- Enter the release notes for this build and click the Distribute button.
This will upload the app to Beta and invite the tester(s) via email. When a tester receives the email, they can click the “Let Me In” button to accept the invitation. If a tester doesn’t accept the invitation they won’t receive notifications for future releases.
The email does not contain a link to your app, but rather a link to the Beta app. The Beta app is used to distribute your app’s builds and alert the tester(s) when new builds are available.
- Click the “Download” button to install the Beta app.
- Click the “Next” button to accept the Crashlytics Beta Terms of Service.
- Click the “Download” button to install your app’s build.