Distribute Beta Builds¶
Both Android and iOS Unity builds can be easily distributed to testers via Crashlytics Beta using our command line tools. The sections below discuss our recommended approach for distributing Unity generated builds through Beta. For more details about Beta, visit our Beta for iOS and Android pages.
Beta Distributions Using fastlane¶
Your generated APK/IPA can be uploaded to Beta using our fastlane tools. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- Install fastlane.
cdinto the folder where you APK/IPA is located and run
- fastlane will initialize, prompting you with a variety of questions.
- For the question
Path to the json secret file:, leave this blank and press
- After initializing, the following will be created:
- fastlane/Fastfile, which stores your deployment pipelines (lanes)
- fastelane/Appfile, which stores your Bundle ID/Package Name
- Open your Fastfile. It can be found at
- Create a new lane called
submit_unity_betaor any name of your choice.
- The following code can be used to create your lane. Run
Fastlane actions crashlyticsfrom the command line for a full list of crashlytics parameters. Visit your Fabric organization’s settings page to find your API key and secret.
desc "Distribute a new Unity Beta" lane :submit_unity_beta do crashlytics( emails: "firstname.lastname@example.org", api_token: "FABRIC_API_KEY", build_secret: "FABRIC_BUILD_SECRET" ) end
- Save the Fastfile and run your new lane in the command line by running
- Upon a successful distribution you will see a message saying “Build successfully uploaded to Crashlytics Beta.”